Technical Business Analyst, Data Lake
Altus GroupToronto, ON11 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate industry. Reporting to a Technical Product Manager, we need a Technical Business Analyst (BA), Data Lake who wants to play an integral role in delivering our new data products including a data lake, data pipeline and resulting cloud offerings. We need a Technical BA with insights into the way big data is organized, transformed, and consumed by connected applications; someone who can lead intelligent conversations to understand business needs and ensure they align with technical capabilities and restrictions.
Who you are
You are a Business Analyst who is highly technical and has direct big data experience. You have the deep technical knowledge to speak knowledgeably to the Data Architect, Data Governance Manager, Data Scientists and Developers about the needs, requirements and design of data solutions. You have strengths in overseeing the end-to-end feature and product development process from gathering requirements to creating user stories and collaborating with Developers and Product Managers. You are committed to seeing things through at every step and you have the vision to create innovative solutions to complex problems.
What’s in it for you?
- Unparalleled exposure and impact. You will have the autonomy to channel your natural curiosity and interest in trying new things towards building a product and features that will feed into the global data and SaaS strategy for Altus Group. As Altus builds out our cloud offering and the data products that define how our global PropTech clients access, transform and apply data to solve complex industry problems, you will gain exposure to tools, technologies, and people as you contribute critical effort to fulfill our vision.
- Knowledge sharing. You will be part of a dedicated, global design team. You will have access to your peers to learn how they solve problems and overcome roadblocks; how to optimize time and resources. You will gain insights into best practices both from a product management perspective and a people-leadership view as well.
- The latest technology, in leading-edge ways. Data is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively pursuing modern techniques. Our stack encompasses Docker, Microservices, Snowflake, Glue, Spark, Python, Tableau, Java, Angular, Node/JS, REST APIs, Swagger WSo2, and the AWS ecosystem. You will be part of the team working with - and continuously evolving - this tech stack and our approach to data.
- Career development. This is an opportunity to be part of defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy as we aggressively expand our cloud platform to extend our market leading position. As we continue to scale, so will your career opportunities with us. You will be mentored by your manager, who has rapidly moved up the ranks internally from QA to BA to Product Manager, and is now the Head of Design.
Our new Technical Business Analyst, Data Lake will:
- Start conversations and probe for details. You can elicit and validate requirements.
- Support solution designs. You can produce functional and non-functional specification documentation incorporating text, mockups, and wireframes for every level of audience.
- Analyse. You can gather relevant data, perform an analysis based on specifications, and create reports for the product and development teams.
- Create. You can piece together logical user stories and workflows based on user information, requirements, and an understanding of the processes and the technology.
- Drive. You investigate issues thoroughly and create practical solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities.
- Research. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and efficiency.
- Collaborate. You enjoy working with other BAs and across departments as part of a cross-functional team.
- Own it. You take pride in ensuring that the product delivers real value to our customers and satisfies all criteria.
Our new Technical Business Analyst, Data Lake, will have:
- The experience. You have experience working as a BA on big data or backend data solutions. You know how to break needs down into user stories and translate and give directions to ensure we build to specifications. Your attention to detail guides you. You are invested in satisfying the needs of your clients and you work hard to do it well, on spec, and on time. You investigate issues thoroughly and create effective solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities.
- The interest in new tools and technology. You are comfortable conducting highly technical conversations with the Data team - from the Architect to Data Scientists. You can execute basic data functions. You learn new software quickly without documentation or hand-holding. You want to grow your exposure to cloud technology and data solutions.
- The interpersonal skills. You have a way of speaking that engages your audience and instills confidence and credibility. You know how to leverage communication tools and methodologies. You can build relationships with local and offshore teams, positioning yourself as a trusted advisor. You are always looking for ways to improve processes, and you always ensure your communications have been received and are clearly understood. Your commitment and focus influence those around you to do better.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.