Technical Lead (Front-End)
ArchitechToronto, Remote7 days ago
Architech is a Toronto-based software company with over 15 years of experience in creating technology solutions for clients across North America. We leverage the latest cloud technology and hire top talent to modernize applications so that businesses can succeed in today’s digital world.
Our Dream Team is based in Vancouver, Toronto, and Krakow, Poland. The team consists of over 100 certified technical experts in our Product, Design, Engineering, and Delivery disciplines. Our values drive our culture of success: Think Big, Be Open & Collaborate, Never Fail a Client, Grow Our People, Do the Right Thing, and Embrace Change.
It’s all about the environment
Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll work very closely with a diverse tight-knit group of creative people who are passionate about technology and software. Not only will you work in a collaborative and nurturing environment, you’ll also grow your existing skills while keeping up with current and upcoming IT industry trends.
We grow when you grow
We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the tech community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as Learning Budget, Certification Bonuses, Internal Bootcamps, Summit Days, Lunch & Learns and much more. And this is just the beginning. Check out all our other great benefits.
Welcome to Architech.
- Build scalable, reliable, secure systems using open-source technologies that align with Architech’s Technology Strategy.
- Combine Java, Spring Boot, Node.js, AngularJS, React.js as required and appropriate for each project.
- Leverage data, caching and search solutions such as MongoDB, MySQL, Kafka, Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Solr to build performant, data-rich solutions.
- Secure access to solutions leveraging standards such as OAuth2 and OpenID Connect.
- Play a pivotal role in the mentorship, guidance, and performance of the Engineers who report directly to you.
- Leader by example for the quality of code created by your team members to ensure optimal balance of code quality metrics such as coupling, cohesion, testability.
- Lead Agile Engineering teams with Designers and Strategists to continuously iterate, validate and build feedback into the solution.
- Collaborate closely with the team Project Manager as the subject matter expert in client meetings and demos.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of solution archetypes that are composed into complex, cloud native solution architectures.
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of Architech’s open-source, cloud-first technology strategy.
- Work with our partner technologies within projects including Azure, DotCMS and Red Hat.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 7+ years' experience in frontend development.
- Knowledge of GraphQL is an asset.
- Knowledge of Node.js - Express.js for backend.
- Knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Linux, Azure and AWS services.
- Proven experience leading a team of engineers in multiple projects, including mentoring junior engineers and guiding their professional growth.
- Extensive and excellent client-facing skills.
- Must be a problem solver who gets excited about challenging engineering puzzles.
- Astute and passionate about engineering digital solutions that solves real business problems.
- Should willing to learn and absorb the rapid changes in the software engineering industry.
- Should be willing to approach all projects with ruthless focus on the end-user and customer.
- Must be a team player, and this will be demonstrated through setting team members up for success.