Technical Lead (Singleview)
Shaw CommunicationsCalgary or Toronto3 days ago
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Technical Lead, you will be a member of the Solution Delivery team and an expert on all matters pertaining to Shaw’s Singleview implementation. The Solution Delivery team comprises of Tech Leads, System Analysts and Testers who collectively form the brain-trust on a wide spectrum of Wireless capabilities including but not limited to Customer Management, Ordering, Provisioning, Real-time Rating, Billing, Invoicing, Cash and Collections and CRM. Being an expert, you will be expected to review and assess level of effort and feasibility for any new functionalities / capabilities being requested of the system. After assessment is complete and projects are prioritized, you will be a member of the Project team where you will oversee the Singleview delivery effort alongside the Solution Management Team and Release Management Team. You are also responsible for project design and planning, working with the System Analysts to write up the detailed Level documents, monitoring delivery schedule and user acceptance testing support.
A typical day
• Manage a team of highly skilled developers
• Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
• Ensure team deliveries are of the highest quality and delivered according to agreed-upon timelines
• Provide expertise to end-to-end solution architecture
• Support and guide test efforts to ensure maximum efficiency while delivering top quality
• Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
• Participate fully in Agile Scrum team development cycle
• Work collaboratively with multiple teams and business stakeholders
• Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across application
Systems as part of the seamless implementation of new projects
• Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to
share with team members and other affected parties.
• Maintain the long-term roadmap to ensure product sustainability efforts fit in with business requirements
• Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar program
• 5+ years working with design, development, and support of IT systems in a Telecom environment (wireless is preferred)
• Working knowledge of SDLC and familiarity with development concepts such as: continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and release management, DevOps, Agile deliveries
• Experience actively working on all phases of an IT Project: Requirements gathering and analysis, Level of Effort estimates, functional and technical design, development, testing (unit / integration / user acceptance), deployment and post-deployment support
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors
• Technical knowledge and experience working with Singleview and any other CSG products is an asset
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• Applicants will be hired in any Shaw or Freedom location and based either in Calgary or Toronto.
Posting closing date:
February 26, 2021