Technical Storyboard Artist
East Side GamesWe are remote!15 days ago
A NEW AND EXCITING ROLE!
East Side Games is working with an exciting, brand new IP, to create a fun Narrative Idle mobile game based on a well-established and popular tv series! In terms of scope, this is our biggest game project to date! As a Technical Storyboard Artist, you’ll art & technical expertise to the studio, championing this new role at East Side Games! You’re technically minded with an Artist’s eye, translating storyboards into game story sequences utilizing proprietary tools in Unity. We’re breaking new ground with this IP, taking our story sequences to the next level through a variety of different cinematic and story sequencing experiences. Please be aware that we are a remote-first studio, hiring across Canada, and do not provide an office space for employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create Story Sequence Scenes (Sets) in Unity translated from our story boards. This includes: importing Background PNGs with unity tools, setting up cameras and character slot positions.
- Sets the camera positioning and camera transitions in Unity based off of storyboards
- You’ll take created background exports and build them in Unity
- You’ll be working with our proprietary story sequence tool extensively and become the studio reference for its implementation across our future titles
- You’ll work closely with our Lead Artist, Narrative Writers and Engineers to ensure that storytelling needs are met and fully functional in Unity. You’re able to understand requirements and translate them into beautiful stories!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A deep understanding of Unity is essential! We’re looking for specific experience on mobile games such as: creating prefabs, implementing UI, game objects and components or texture sheets. Bonus points for working with Spine!
- Storyboarding experience (or equivalent to) demonstrating a good eye for composition and storytelling
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Game Development, or related industries. Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- A portfolio of storyboards and cinematics showcasing a comprehensive understanding of composition and storytelling. Bonus points for additional art work in your portfolio & Adobe Animate experience!
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic studio
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally
- Autonomy and a problem-solving mindset
TO COMPLEMENT OUR CURRENT TEAM, YOU ARE:
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and have the attitude to get things done
- Hungry and humble, you place the needs of the project first
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious
- Your values are governed by diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.