Technical Support Analyst
BMC SoftwareToronto, ON5 days ago
- Manage, troubleshoot, and respond to customer issues on BMC product and Integration issues, ensuring appropriate resolution time
- Responding to and resolving all customer enquiries (via phone, e-mail, web)
- Identifying and reporting functional defects to higher levels of Support and R&D
- Maintaining high level of customer satisfaction
- Properly documenting all customer interactions and troubleshooting actions into the BMC issue management systems
- Escalating service requests and issues appropriately in a timely fashion
- Exercise independent thought within defined procedures and practices
- Manage priorities and act on factors that create priorities
- Work collaboratively with other BMC product teams
- Capture and share knowledge
Skills requirements (includes education and work experience) –
- 5-7 years of technical support or customer facing work experience
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced verbal agility and fluent spoken and written communication skills English / Spanish / (Portuguese is a plus)
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize Customer Support tools/resources
- Inquisitiveness to learn new products and ideas
- Expert on at least one operating systems (UNIX/Linux, Windows).
- Experience with platform virtualization (VMWare)
- Knowledge and understanding in VMWare, Windows/UNIX system administration
- Knowledge of functionality and performance of distributed computing platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Database Administration, Oracle, SQL, DB2 etc.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of operating systems.
- Data mining (Notepad ++, Vi/Vim)
- Basic office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Basic Concepts of ITIL and or ITIL Foundation Certification
- Previous experience in handling global enterprise customers.
- Familiarity with Tomcat / WebLogic
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, Java (run time)
- Database and SQL experience, specifically Oracle and MS SQL
- Directory Service/LDAP/SAML, specifically Active Directory
- Networking Experience: working knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, firewall, proxy.
- Experience with Java concepts (core Java) and applications
- Advanced understanding of OOP (Classes, Objects, Inheritance, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of DB Normalization
- BS degree in Computer Systems or related technical field OR equivalent experience in programming software for systems and/or applications
Weekend and holiday work will be required
Company operating name – BMC Software Canada, Inc.
Business addresses - Markham (Toronto) - 50 Minthorn Blvd., Suite 303, Markham (Toronto), Ontario L3T 7X8, Telephone: +1 (905) 747-2800; Montreal - 1100 Rene-Levesque Blvd. West, Suite 1400, Montreal, Quebec H3B 4N4, Telephone: +1 (514) 908-6300; Vancouver - 1690 West Broadway, Suite 202, Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1X6, Telephone: +1 (604) 681-1660
· Terms of employment – Permanent
· Language of work – English
· Wage – CAD $74,000 per annum, plus discretionary bonus of 10%
· Benefits package offered (if applicable) Life Insurance, Healthcare Coverage, Dental Plan,
Business Travel Insurance, RRSP Online Enrollment Guide, RRSP Investment Info, Fitness Center Reimbursement
· Location(s) of work (local area, city or town) – Markham (Toronto) - 50 Minthorn Blvd., Suite 303, Markham (Toronto), Ontario L3T 7X8
· Contact information (mailing address) – 50 Minthorn Blvd., Suite 303, Markham (Toronto), Ontario L3T 7X8