Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the UX Team Lead, we need a driven UX/UI Designer with exceptional skills to join our global team and work in Toronto. You will take ownership of UX and UI projects, determine requirements, understand business and user needs and create the designs based on your research and insights for multiple data and analytics cloud products. As a creative collaborator with a breadth of experience determining the parameters for and designing the UX, you want a chance to work on B2B cloud products where you can proactively introduce ideas and solutions.
What’s in it for you
Impact. We have aligned our vast array of products under single sign-on cloud access. You will be working on a cloud platform in its early stages from planning and strategy to prototyping, design and development. This is a chance to own the UI and UX of the multiple components that make up a module, to apply your knowledge to ensure we are delivering high business value through engaging and practical UI and UX.
Exposure. You will have both strategic and practical influence for our cloud products for a global audience of thousands. You will help determine the value we can provide on the cloud with existing personalities and new journeys. You want to join a global team at a scaling organization, working directly with other designers, Technical Product Managers, and Architects to identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
Growth. You will learn or expand your understanding of the AWS cloud platform and have the opportunity to apply your new learnings and your perspective directly. We are a rapidly scaling, global organization; joining us now is a chance to accelerate your career with a chance to move up or across to other teams or business groups. From a Senior Designer to a Team Lead and up to a Product Manager, there are no limits to how you can grow with us.
Our new UX/UI Designer will:
- Take a user-centered design approach. You will utilize quantitative and qualitative research to generate meaningful insights that will drive creative concepts. You will translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and rapid prototypes - optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, leading to intuitive user experiences. You will apply your findings to create detailed UI designs for the product and development team.
- Be a thought-leader. You will identify design problems and devise elegant solutions drawing on best practices and past experience to make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features. You will prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Collaborate and iterate. You will collaborate with Product and Development, working with internal and external clients to answer critical business questions. You will elicit needs and draw on user research and insights to create user journeys and user stories. You will workshop and test ideas with customers, iterating designs based on findings and feedback; relaying your commitment to a positive, engaging user experience.
Our new UI/UX Designer will have:
- The experience. You take a user-centred design approach and apply design thinking and ideations across your work. You have expertise working with internal and external clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision. You have a portfolio demonstrating your experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, including:
- Planning and conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Engaging in product conversations, acting as a bridge between product, architect, and user, and contributing to the information architecture and site map/ flow diagrams.
- Building out user stories, journey maps, mockups, and prototypes.
- Conducting user workshops and A/B testing.
- Addressing heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- The technical skills. You have expertise in standard design software such as Sketch and Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and Marvel. You may have exposure to Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, and UXPin.
- The practical knowledge. You have experience in using UX best practices to design solutions, applying a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. You can rapidly iterate designs and solutions intelligently and clearly communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal and external teams.
- The communication. You are a relationship-builder and thrive in a collaborative environment, synthesizing abstract ideas into a concrete design, communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval. You are open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism and have a respect for diverse perspectives.
- The dedication to your craft. You are passionate about UX and other design and innovation areas, continuously researching and trying the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
- Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.