Unity UI Implementor
Hyper Hippo EntertainmentVancouver, Seattle, Remote in Canada9d ago
Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote (Canada, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
At Hyper Hippo Entertainment, our games pair enticing gameplay with clear and beautiful UI to deliver exceptional player experience and value. As a UI Implementor, you can take the designs from our UX Designers and team with Software Developers to make them a reality inside Unity. Responsibilities include working with and manipulating established art assets, building out the mocked-up UI screens within Unity using the uGUI system, and understanding a responsive interface’s needs. Your ability to apply design thinking enables you to solve complex problems while remaining flexible, adaptable and focused in sometimes ambiguous situations.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can identify and offer alternative design solutions when encountering technical limitations in existing Live Ops and can hit the ground running on our new and ongoing projects.
A UI Implementor’s Impact
- Collaborate with the UI/UX Designers to refine workflows and implement UI art in Unity (including polish), which provides an outstanding experience for mobile play on a variety of devices
- Convert UI art into usable pieces for game implementation, using graphics software and tools such as Adobe Suite and Sketch to develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Collaborate closely with Software Developers to determine technical and data requirements, maintaining constant communication to ensure a successful hand-off
- Give insights and suggestions for workflow improvements, balancing development efficiency and the targeted game performance
- Understanding of the Unity uGUI system, including:Unity Sprite atlas and Unity Text Mesh Pro usage, caveats and optimizations
- How to efficiently work with UI Canvases, sorting, batching, layouts and the transform hierarchy
- Manipulation of materials and custom components
- How it works with particle systems and animations
- Ability to quickly identify and debug issues
- Nice to haveBasic understanding of Unity Shaders
- Previous experience with version control (git, Source Tree, Perforce, etc)
- Programming in Unity (C#)
Your Track Record Includes
- 2+ years of professional work experience as a UI implementor, UI artist, technical artist, interaction designer, or similar UI-related role
- 2+ years experience of implementing UI in Unity
- Collaborating closely with software development teams to solve problems and establish technical processes
- Working within agile design and development
- Strong understanding of how design choices translate into development
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self-development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver, and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.