Do you have the uncanny ability to capture and mobilize data to drive business value?
Button needs an analytical User Researcher, like YOU, to join our innovative and dynamic team!
As a User Researcher with Button, you are equipped with unmatched analytical and research expertise to lead information discovery, information gathering, data analysis, and generate insights. You will play an integral role in capturing qualitative and quantitative information to generate value propositions and competitive advantages for Button. With a user-focused and mission-focused mindset, you lay the groundwork for Button's technological business solutions and foster connections with key stakeholders to serve our community and environment.
A Day in the Life
- Own user research for various technological projects to create impactful products and business solutions that drive digital transformation.
- Lead project requirements and specifications gathering by identifying and mobilizing the best user research methods and identifying user research topics.
- Employ exceptional communication and presentation abilities to present user insights and actively involve Button’s team in creating an unmatched user experience.
- Co-create technological solutions that serve the community by translating user research into project requirements to inform prototype development.
- Act as a strategic contributor that works leads key stakeholders through the discovery process to create an unmatched and accessible user experience.
What You Bring to the Table
- A passionate researcher seeking an opportunity to leverage their research experience to serve others and inspire change using digital transformation.
- Proven technical and scientific experience and collaborative ability to identify, analyze, and present user insights and data to clients, team members, and senior leaders.
- Equipped with industry-leading and innovative research methods and techniques to gather qualitative and quantitative data and generate user insights.
- An analytical, detail-oriented, and mission-driven strategic contributor that uses evidence-based decision-making to inform Button’s technological business solutions and user experience.
- An exceptional communicator that leads with empathy and has the special ability to foster collaborative and positive interpersonal connections with key clients, users, and team members.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Proven history mobilizing usability testing to inform and enhance the experience for diverse users.
Button’s team is integral to our efforts of creating a sustainable future using digital transformation.
As you embrace this exciting opportunity to foster community connection, you can also expect:
- Work-life balance and employee wellbeing are a value of ours! We provide employees with 25 days of paid time-off and a competitive compensation plan.
- Prioritization of the wellbeing of our employees and their families with a generous benefits package and health spending account!
- A commitment to continuous learning and growth opportunities to help you realize your professional and personal goals.
- Friday Socials, Wellness Wednesdays, and birthday treats to celebrate your special day as a must-have for us. We like each other – a lot!
- A collaborative, inclusive, and positive work culture that praises flexible remote work -- you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time.
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote, as such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.
Sound like something you could get behind? Excited to drive real, sustainable change?
Apply today with your resume and cover letter!