Are you an impact-oriented people-person wanting to make a real impact in the technology industry? Button is looking for a VP of People Operations to join our growing team!
✓ You love a challenge! You’re a naturally curious and sharp individual with an analytical mindset – so, of course, you love to work your way through a problem!
✓ You’re impact oriented – seeing results truly encourages you, even if it’s through taking small steps at a time towards improvement!
✓ You LOVE working with others. You’re a people person, a natural at communicating, and you find it super easy to get along with everyone!
✓ You’re a quick learner (AKA you THRIVE on feedback and incorporate it quickly into your own learning strategies).
A Day in the Life
- Shape a STELLAR People strategy (which comes naturally to you, as a people-person!) that aligns and moves Button towards our mission.
- Act as a thought partner to fellow senior leadership, contributing to the People team's vision and strategy.
- Be accountable for and OWN end-to-end People Operations – from including talent acquisition, to performance management, to employee engagement, learning & development – you’ll be doing it all while encouraging inclusivity and improving retention!
- Continuously develop Button’s employer brand – we’re always eager to find ways to improve as we grow!
- Champion a diverse and inclusive environment, including shaping a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) strategy (bonus points if you’ve done this before!).
- Collaborate with teams across Button to ensure we consistently provide a meaningful employee experience, driven by continuous feedback from ALL employees on ALL levels.
- Represent Button at external events and in media as needed – you’ll have your time to shine in the spotlight!
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role, with at least 10 000 hours in senior leadership.
- 5+ years’ experience (at least 10 000 hours) in People Operations.
- You’re a strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive People Operations outcomes.
- Impeccable organization skills, with stellar process management skills and a track record of dependable follow-through. Plus, you’re on top of it when it comes to reacting and rebalancing priorities and plans when needed.
- Proactive problem-solving skills with consistent ability to drive ambiguity to clarity. Remember that bit about you LOVING a good challenge?!
- You bring a flexible mindset and willingness to build your daily schedule around PST business hours.
- And, last but CERTAINLY not least, you bring a passion for the impact-driven mission and vision of Button! You’re ready to dive into things and learn!
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working remotely with a team across the country.
- Experience with scaling teams and systems at an expanding business. (Bonus points if you want to do this again!)
- Experience fostering an engaging remote culture – we want Button’s culture to translate seamlessly from in-office to remote work.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to play a key role creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. In addition to making a real impact on communities, you will also receive:
- Generous compensation plan including base pay and variable pay.
- 25 days of paid time off to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Full benefits package to look after you and your family, plus a health spending account.
- Collaborative, inclusive work environment that is remote-friendly.
- We like each other – a lot! That’s why we have so many fun team events and socials including Friday Socials and Wellness Wednesdays.
- Commitment to continuous learning and mentorship with time provided for professional/personal development.
- Birthday treats to celebrate you on your special day (we LOVE to party!).
- Flexible remote work – you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time (work-life balance is so important to us!).
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to an accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.
Sound like something you could get behind? Excited to drive real, sustainable change? Apply today with your resume and cover letter!