Although this listing shows Mexico as its primary location, we are interested in seeing applicants coming from all over the Americas region.
As Human Made develops large-scale WordPress sites, you will be expected to learn and work with WordPress. Previous experience with WordPress, though desired, is not essential, but you will be expected to gain and develop this on the job. Experience contributing to the WordPress core software is a plus, but not expected.
You should be familiar with the tools required for engineering projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, PHP configuration, following coding standards and general computer maintenance and security. As Human Made is a remote company, you will require good communication skills and the ability to be self-sufficient.
Human Made helps organizations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as Snopes, Siemens and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large-scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
Our decade of experience in agile delivery and passion for open source solutions supports clients in their journey to embrace the edge of innovation. Human Made is a fully distributed company, with employees based remotely around the world.
Human Made* is a remote company: this means you will need to work both independently and as part of a remote team. You will have the opportunity to meet the rest of the company at our annual company meetup, and with members of the rest of your team at least once a year. We care about good communication and you should be able to prioritise your work and meet deadlines, discussing any problems with the team along the way. You can learn more about Human Made and what you can expect working here in our public company handbook.
Why Work at Human Made
Human Made is a people-centric organisation, where we value the expertise, background and unique personality every team member brings to the company. We provide several tools and benefits (from remote work allowance to private healthcare and retirement savings) to ensure everyone feels appreciated and fairly acknowledged for the work they do. We lead our teams with utmost empathy and flexibility, allowing everyone to manage themselves with autonomy and all the support we can provide for them to be successful, as we understand the challenges of remote work. When you join Human Made, we accompany you and invest in you so you can thrive both professionally and in all personal pursuits.
- Planning and implementing features
- Refactoring code and carrying out bug fixes
- Working with other developers on your team and your project manager
- Understanding standardised technical processes that work for everyone, not just personal preference
- Delivering work on time and according to specifications
- Regular communication with both your team and the rest of the company
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to communicate issues to your team
- Communicate effectively with the team if you are struggling or need guidance on assigned tasks
- Interact with clients in a professional and respectful way
- Good understanding of WordPress (may be developed on the job)
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others
- Experience in using debugging tools
- Strong understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git
- Solid understanding of MySQL and the considerations of database-driven applications
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs
- Ability to set up local development environments
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to manage your workload and juggle multiple tasks
- Competitive salary by local standards
- Flexible working
- 35 days annual leave
- Sickness and carers leave
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone, and office equipment when you need it
We strongly encourage you to learn more about the hiring process in the Handbook
before applying on the following links:
*Human Made is a remote and globally distributed organization. However, due to the remote nature of our team, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply.