Webmaster / Senior Web Developer
BC SPCABritish Columbia16 days ago
The BC SPCA is looking for a talented and enthusiastic team player who is passionate about great customer service and skilled in web development to take on the permanent full-time role of Webmaster working at our provincial office in Vancouver. Although our provincial office is located in Vancouver, we are welcoming candidates from across the province and will consider remote work options.
Acting as a technical web expert in the Communications department and working closely with the Digital Strategies team, the Webmaster is responsible for maintaining and maximizing digital functionality for the main BC SPCA web properties and sub site properties, mainly the Adoption site, supported by the Digital Specialist.
Primary responsibility lies in managing the Wordpress site with supporting Luminate Online and its integration with other systems. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining and updating website functions within the BC SPCA main site, departmental projects and campaigns while providing guidance to the Digital Specialist to execute ongoing maintenance and projects. This role also leads and manages projects for web development with external contractors as necessary.
You are technologically savvy, always meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality. You are capable of working within established systems, standards and procedures. You are able to identify technical problems and develop sound, carefully though-out solutions
You are a self-motivated, energetic collaborator who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and have a desire to stay updated on current and new technologies. Familiarity with the non-profit environment is a plus.
Knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed in this role:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in relevant field plus a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience or an equivalent combination of knowledge, education, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Highly experienced working with Wordpress platform and supportive non-profit systems. (We currently use Luminate Online as our online/digital front end).
Must have sound understanding of:
- Knowledge of Code Management, repository system (GitLab)
- Working with 3rd party APIs (REST Api experience)
- Cross browser and platform testing for functionality
- Responsive design and the differences between mobile/desktop browsers
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills needed to define user application requirements, evaluate technology applications, and explain complex concepts to less technical users in a way that they can understand and easily follow.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Time management, accountability and prioritization (triage) skills.
- Ability to be open and collaborating, effectively working in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work independently with little direction.
- Tenacious and inquisitive; eager to explore challenges and collaboratively challenge assumptions.
- Solutions oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Philosophical harmony with the vision, mission, and strategic direction of the BC SPCA.
How to Apply:
If you are up for the challenge and would like to be considered for this exciting new opportunity, and you are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would like to hear from you.
To apply with a cover letter visit: https://can60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/bcspca/Posting/View/4542
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and guiding principles. We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.