Date: February 2023
Reports to: Director of Product
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $55,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Time Required on-site: 0% (no regular on-site requirements, apart from all-staff events, such as AGM for example)
Second Harvest is Canada's largest food rescue organization and is a global thought leader on perishable food redistribution. We operate at the intersection of hunger relief and environmental protection, tackling food loss and waste through food redistribution, research, awareness, and education, continually innovating, and collaborating to ensure a more sustainable planet. We work with thousands of food businesses from across the supply chain utilizing logistics and technology to reduce the amount of edible food going to waste, thereby diverting unnecessary greenhouse gases from entering the environment.
The Website Manager is responsible for maintaining and updating Second Harvest’s website (Kentico CMS) in order to drive brand awareness and to deliver an exceptional visitor experience for our donors, volunteers, partners, and other stakeholders. This position will manage all content (in both English and French), ensure technical functionality is working properly, and will resolve problems in a timely manner. The Website Manager will partner closely with teams across the organization as well as external vendors to deliver engaging content in support of Second Harvest’s mission.
- Keep all website content up to date (Kentico CMS) in English and French, working collaboratively with all departments as well as translator; work with translator to translate English content into French when applicable.
- Work with departments and teams to create new, and modify existing, webpages.
- Build web forms and regularly export responses to the appropriate team members.
- Identify technical bugs and act as the first line of defence in solving these issues; escalate technical issues to web vendor and oversee the issue resolution process in a timely manner.
- Track and report on the performance of our website using Google Analytics to drive ongoing website improvements; work with other vendors on projects such as SEO or Google Analytics, tracking improvements.
- Oversee the website update process from end to end, making improvements as needed to provide a simple, effective process for all staff and handle all requests by priority.
- Ensure brand consistency and design best practices are followed; ensure website continues to meet and exceed Accessibility standards.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement for website to refresh content, improve site performance, enhance user experience, and increase site visibility and functionality; manage the improvement process.
- Keep clear documentation of website functionality and content guidelines.
- Manage the website Media Library, properly resizing and storing photos, PDFs and other assets.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Technical: you are proficient with content management systems (knowledge of Kentico CMS would be considered an asset).
- Organized: you have excellent project management and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to navigate easily between projects and priorities.
- Creative: you have an eye for knowing what looks good and are confident applying a set of brand guidelines to any scenario.
- Collaborative: you have a positive, collaborative working style and enjoy working with stakeholders across an organization.
- Diligent: you know how to get the job done, doing whatever it takes to meet and exceed goals.
- Knowledgeable with Google Analytics.
- Comfortable managing French content (French bilingualism is not a requirement, but the position must be able to match French content provided from English).
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, please visit: Careers | Second Harvest Food Rescue
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before February 19, 2023. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-deserving groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.