Workday Solution Analyst
BC Assessment is currently looking for a System Solution Analyst (Workday) to join our Information Technology Services (ITS) team.
BC Assessment is a Provincial Crown Corporation that develops and maintains real property assessments throughout British Columbia in addition to providing real property information. BC Assessment serves the citizens of British Columbia and has 13 offices throughout the province.
In BC Assessment, our people and culture are important to us. We work together to create a culture that appreciates differences in all forms. We trust and respect each other, and are invited to bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work, and through our efforts ultimately contribute to a better British Columbia. Our digitally agile, service-centric employees are productive, engaged, and work collaboratively in a modern flexible workplace. Our employees are at the heart of our organization and we are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for the ninth year!
At BC Assessment, we offer competitive benefits for our employees:
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options and flexible work schedules.
- Public Service Pension Plan – one of the best in Canada, allowing you to plan for your future.
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits through Pacific Blue Cross and an Employee Assistance Program to help support our employees overall well-being.
- Career development – we want you to grow and learn with us! We provide ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
Reporting to the Manager, Workday Product Solutions, the Workday Solution Analyst will contribute to the Product Support Team by providing expertise for solutions, designing processes and developing reports and analytics within Workday.
As the subject matter expert, the position will collaborate with the functional owners in finance, HR and payroll and provide support with issues, new releases, security administration, integrations and governance. This is a great opportunity for someone with a technical background who is looking to gain systems knowledge within Workday and work in a collaborative and fun team environment!
We are looking for a systems professional that possesses knowledge and skill in office applications, ERP systems and project management. You should also have strong analytical and problem solving skills. You need to be someone who is passionate and knowledgeable within systems, and is willing to share their expertise and support others within the business. You are a strong communicator and willing to build positive working relationships with staff within the organization. You are driven and passionate about identifying solutions and improvements within the system. This role matters and we are looking for someone who cares, and wants to be part of something awesome!
- Provide Workday subject matter expertise and represent the Finance, People, and Financial Planning & Budgeting areas on the Product Support Team.
- Configure, test and implement system updates to expand functionality, automation or implement program amendments.
- Ensure Business Sponsors priorities are reflected in the Workday development plans and BCA’s product roadmap.
- Audit the system to ensure data integrity, accuracy and standards; oversees data management, reporting, and table updates.
- Consult with various program areas to determine report requirements, builds reports, analyses trends and prepares informative reports.
- Deliver and develop end user training and system user guides and develops communications to explain Finance, Payroll, HCM and Adaptive Planning systems changes.
- Actively participates in the Workday Community to be informed on product innovations and the resolution of systems issues.
- Lead project teams and identifies project goals, scope, deliverable, communication plans, change management plans and performance measures.
- Supplement Workday functionality with informative Share pages, user forms, etc.
Technology Research and Analysis:
- Support the needs analysis, business requirements, development and implementation of Workday technology solutions for BCA.
- Perform gap analysis and cost benefit analysis between existing and new systems/processes to align with best practices.
- Work collaboratively with information technology employees and vendors to ensure service performance and implementation of process improvements or technical enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with internal clients and stakeholders to identify process workflows for all functional areas within the Workday product solution.
- Integrate the business needs and governance structure (i.e. collective agreement, policies and procedures) into efficient solutions for all functional areas within the Workday product solution.
Leadership and Supervision:
- Coordinate with ITS, Finance, People, Payroll and Financial Planning & Analysis providing direction and indirect supervision to employee(s) who provide regular support for the functional areas.
- Set work priorities and standards; plans and assigns work and monitors and audits progress.
- Conduct appraisals, provides feedback and encouragement, and identifies training needs, priorities, and areas for development.
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Location: Victoria, BC – Uptown*
Compensation: $88,800– $108,500
Competition Close Date: Friday, December 30th @ 11:59PM
*Other BCA locations may be considered
- Degree in business analysis, business administration, accounting, human resources, or information systems.
- Certification as a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) is beneficial.
- Four years of experience in ERP administration and analysis.
- Four years of Information Technology, Finance, HR, and/or payroll, experience is preferred.
- Experience leading projects and implementing business process improvements
- Experience interpreting and implementing collective agreement requirements into payroll processes.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Excel including the ability to work with large amounts of data and complex files.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
BC Assessment is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID–19 while building connection and collaboration in our hybrid workplace. Effective Nov 26, 2021, BC Assessment requires all employees, as a condition of employment, to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination.