Data Engineer, Data Lake
Altus GroupToronto, ON15 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate investment industry. As part of the new team spearheaded by the Director, Application Service Delivery, Data Solutions, we are adding two Data Engineers in Toronto. You will collaborate with internal teams on both technical aspects of data migration and storage as well as in a consultative manner to understand unique data parameters, contributing to the design and build of a data lake. You will aggregate, organize and ingest data from various sources to ensure that the data can be accessed efficiently by our internal and external users and applications.
Who you are
You are a Data Engineer with a few years of experience storing, pipelining, and transforming data using a range of technologies. You want to balance your technical deliverables with internal client interaction to gain an in-depth understanding of how our platform will work and how we can meet the data needs and drive key decisions for everyone. You want to be part of building something new with great visibility across the organisation and endless possibilities ahead as we continue to grow and scale. You want to play a critical role in seeing our collaborative vision implemented.
What’s in it for you?
Unparalleled exposure and impact. You will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. As part of a platform team specifically assembled to collaborate on new work, you will have the freedom to create from the ground up, and work unrestricted by existing tools or legacy technology. This is an opportunity to make your mark and truly accomplish something exciting as we focus on defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average, and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. The Data Solutions team offers individuals the chance to lead the scrums on a rotating basis and push the limits of what they do with dedicated time to further their individual areas of technical interest. As we move from building to scaling; from platform to product; and from storage to application, the opportunities to grow your skills, gain exposure, try new things, and make an impact will grow too.
Our new Data Engineer, Data Lake will:
- Learn. Working in close collaboration with the Senior Data Engineer, you will be given the support you need and the information you require to come up to speed and make a valuable contribution to the team.
- Elicit, understand, and translate. You will work across business lines and newly acquired businesses to understand individualized technical and practical data storage.
- Design. You will create and support an ETL solution using AWS Glue to extract and import data into the new data lake. You will determine how to connect to the various data sources, bring data into our new data lake, and the appropriate method of storing the data.
- Analyse. You will create data pipelines, reports, visualisations and extracts to support product and research needs. You will work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Advise. You will research data governance and security to ensure our data storage methodology adheres to any constraints and follows best practices.
- Try new things. You will take the initiative to research, test, and solve complex data engineering problems and big data storage.
Our new Data Engineer, Data Lake will have:
- An eagerness and ability to learn quickly. You have a devotion to evaluating and appropriately applying emerging and alternative technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms.
- A commitment to collaboration. You thrive working across inter-disciplinary groups, including architects, developers, product, and management, to build great products. You have a way of speaking, writing, and relaying information that engages people and expresses appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches.
- Hands-on experience. You have worked with a broad range of data management, analysis, and visualisation tools, including ETL/data format conversion, SQL, and NoSQL/ non-traditional database technologies, including newer tools such as Glue and Snowflake. You have worked with AWS/Cloud computing infrastructure.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.