Senior Automation Developer
Altus GroupToronto, ON9 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the global real estate industry. Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance, and as part of the new team, we are looking for a new Senior Automation Developer to join us in Toronto. We need someone who is an automation best practices leader, and a self-starter who is excited to step up to the challenge to show us the full potential of automation testing for our new platform and data products. You will share knowledge, guide your teammates, and coordinate testing tasks across a global team.
Who you are
You are an experienced, hands-on Automation Developer who wants to step up into a Senior role where you will have a voice in how we approach and execute an automation strategy. An automation best practices champion, you are constantly researching, tweaking, and testing. You have worked in, and enjoy the Agile framework and are looking for an environment where you can expand your technical knowledge working on AWS cloud products built in NodeJS, Python, and SQL and NoSQL databases. You’re a continuous learner who wants to use the latest automation tools and are eager to leverage new technology to improve testing frameworks. You have outstanding communication skills as well as a go-get-it-done attitude.
What’s in it for you
Unparalleled exposure and impact. As part of both the global QA team and the new platform team, you will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. This is an opportunity to make your mark and truly accomplish something exciting as we focus on defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy. You want to drive the automation strategy of a global product and have the autonomy to make decisions around future automation.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average, and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. The Data Solutions team offers individuals the chance to lead the scrums on a rotating basis and push the limits of what they do with dedicated time to further their individual areas of technical interest. As we move from building to scaling; from platform to product; and from storage to application, the opportunities to grow your skills, gain exposure, try new things, and make an impact will grow too.
What you will do:
- Voice an opinion. You will present logical arguments for and against automation processes in place, automation tools, and automation tasks.
- Develop and maintain the existing automated test framework. You will coordinate automation tests tasks within the team, including code management and review. You will check and monitor overnight test results.
- Meet weekly sprint deliverables. You will actively participate in Agile ceremonies including daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, sprint demos, as well as any other weekly meetings.
- Collaborate. You will work alongside the development team, raising bugs and errors and determining resolution; and the product team for clarification on requirements and functionality.
- Conduct research. You will follow best practices, suggest solutions, and generally do whatever it takes to ensure our products are stable and reliable.
Our new Senior Automation Developer has:
- The education. You have an IT-related degree; preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. Bonus points if you have your ISTQB-BCS Foundation for Testers’ Certificate.
- The experience. You have 5+ years experience, in a financial or real estate organization, building, improving and leading testing frameworks while continuing to do hands-on testing. Ideally, you have conducted performance tests on multiple projects in the past.
- The technical knowledge. You are skilled in an object-oriented programming language, building APIs and Selenium API testing. You have exposure to Jmeter or Katalon.
- The intellectual curiosity. You are on a continuous search for improvements and are constantly learning new tools and technologies. You enjoy researching new methodologies as well as presenting the reasoning for alternate technologies or processes.
- The communication skills. You have the ability to get your point across in a concise and effective manner. You know how to listen and how to be heard. You are able to communicate both user requirements and technical details clearly; either in person or via a well-crafted email.
- The analytical approach. You are methodical and detail-oriented. You are a logical thinker, yet you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers. You love the meticulous nature of going through every aspect of a product, every line of code, to ensure we are only releasing the best.
- The drive. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative to solve problems as soon as they surface. You’re willing to jump in wherever needed and approach tasks in a proactive, structured manner.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what's new by following us on LinkedIn.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.