Reporting to the Dean, FAHCS, the Software Technologist focuses on computer programming. As a part of an interdisciplinary team, works on development and application of technological innovations related to virtual reality content production. The individual will develop virtual reality content to be embedded into program curriculum. This includes applied research and mentoring co-op students (animators). This position is stationed at Sheridan’s Davis location.
What You’ll be Doing
- Collaborating on all stages of creative development from conceptualization, prototyping, and designing and implementing digital, video, and animated materials;
- Coordinating with key stakeholders on software requirements and solutions;
- Planning and developing client solutions including prototypes;
- Communicating regularly with members of the project team, providing development updates, coordinating meetings, etc.;
- Actively advancing expertise in the latest technology, tools, and trends in film post-production;
- Creating digital models according to the developed concept or according to the obtained references;
- Mentoring work study and co-op students, and providing training and feedback on the use of production and post-production workflow with generated 3D avatars and environments;
- Working with industry and applied research development to create best-in-class software engineering solutions;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- You demonstrate excellent judgement, initiative, and your creative problem-solving skills allow you to solve challenges in a creative way.
- You enjoy balancing many different tasks and can prioritize multiple projects while staying organized and maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- You have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- 3-year diploma/degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Software Development, Networking Engineering or a related discipline
- 3 years of experience with gaming, programming, networking, or software engineering experience (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Previous exposure to architecture, software and engineering principles
- Experience with Unity and Unreal
Who We Are:
“Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community”.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Campus Location: Davis (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus) once normal campus operations resume. This position is currently working remotely.
Employee Group: Support Staff – Initiatives/ Opportunities
Hourly Range: $32.64- $36.75
Application Deadline: November 3, 2021
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue until October 30, 2023. Please note this position is being reposted to consider external applicants. Previous applicants need not reapply. Screening will start taking place as of Thursday October 21, 2021.
Sheridan is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups. Persons with a disability may contact the Human Resources department to request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.