Technical Product Manager
Altus GroupToronto, ON9 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate investment industry. Reporting to the Head of Design, we need a Technical Product Manager to join us in Toronto as part of the new team. You will act as the first point of contact bridging the Product Manager and the Development team; spearhead the pre-planning and planning phases for new feature design, development and release; and ensure KPIs for success are within scope and completed on time.
Who you are
You are a Technical Product Manager or Product Owner within a Data and Analytics team. You are looking for the next step in your career where you can own and drive the development of a brand new data cloud product. You want a role where you can apply your experience and make a significant hands-on impact and strategic influence transforming a global industry. You are flexible and can adapt to changing priorities. You work well in an ambiguous environment with the ability to focus on what’s a top priority and directly in front of you.
What’s in it for you?
- Unparalleled exposure and impact. You will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams who are at the top of their game. You will have a crucial part in building a groundbreaking data platform and the associated cloud products. As Altus builds out our cloud offering and the data products that define how our global PropTech clients access, transform and apply data to solve complex industry problems, you will gain exposure to tools, technologies, and people as you contribute critical effort to fulfill our vision.
- Knowledge sharing. You will be part of a dedicated, global design team. You will have access to your peers to learn how they solve problems and overcome roadblocks; how to optimize time and resources. You will gain insights into best practices both from a product management perspective and a people-leadership view as well.
- The latest technology, in leading-edge ways. Data is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively pursuing modern techniques. Our stack encompasses Docker, Microservices, Snowflake, Glue, Spark, Python, Tableau, Java, Angular, Node/JS, REST APIs, Swagger WSo2, and the AWS ecosystem. You will be part of the team working with - and continuously evolving - this tech stack and our approach to data.
- Career development. This is an opportunity to be part of defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy as we aggressively expand our cloud platform to extend our market leading position. As we continue to scale, so will your career opportunities with us. You will be mentored by your manager, who has rapidly moved up the ranks internally from QA to BA to Product Manager, and is now the Head of Design.
Our new Technical Product Manager will focus on:
- Product planning. You will take charge of the product pre-planning phase of a release and be heavily involved in the planning phase. You will analyze customer requests and broad use cases, breaking down features for development and prioritizing them, setting deadlines for UX, DevOps, and Development. You will work with BAs and Developers to identify the scope of the work, the KPIs for success, and the estimates for successful delivery. You will be the lead and go-to technical point person, ensuring a Project Kickoff Meeting is launched, and a Release Vision with user and individual stories is created, shared, and signed off on by Product, Release, Development, and QA.
- Product delivery. You will collaborate with Release Management on scope and timing, the BA team on elaboration and processes, and the Documentation team on knowledge sharing, to ensure the delivery plan is in place, the backlog issues are prioritized and all fixes are cued up. You will act as the escalation point for any issues affecting the scope, delivery, or release date.
- Product strategy. You will work closely with the Product Manager on the future of the product, planning the roadmap and aligning with the ARGUS suite of products. You will participate in discussions at the decision-making level around the problems we want to solve with our products. You will be part of design projects, exploring the feasibility of proposed features, conducting market research, and client interviews.
- BA team leadership. You will nurture and grow the BAs on your team, building out recruitment, onboarding, development, and performance management plans. You will drive BA processes, including sprint planning, feature reviews, product templates, and opportunities for ongoing product knowledge sharing. You will work with other Technical Product Managers to design and deploy BA processes that improve, align, and expedite our work.
Our new Technical Product Manager will have:
- An experienced Product Owner or Technical Product Manager. You have successfully delivered complex data and analytical products. You have proven expertise:
- Planning and designing end-to-end product development.
- Taking a high-level concept and breaking it down, identifying deliverables, tools, and resources.
- Iterating on new feature development to optimize solutions.
- Working with ETL and understanding how data flows and works from the backend.
- A relationship builder. You can plan, coordinate, and influence the work of a collaborative Agile team, ensuring delivery under tight deadlines. You can offer guidance and advice based on broad and deep knowledge of a variety of techniques, tools, and methodologies. You believe in keeping up to date with, and implementing, best practices.
- An exceptional communicator. You can confidently work across all teams, at all levels and can comfortably manage a local and off-shore team. You can gain buy-in, elicit information, and feedback. You are seen as a trusted advisor who can gain buy-in, elicit information, and translate needs into technical requirements.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.